Seattle Children’s will be deploying iPads to patients in clinical areas. See the information below for specifics. The link needs to be accessed internally.
- The surgical unit is first phase of inpatient deployment. Using a pilot to test operations, adoption and to identify any issues and learning for subsequent roll outs.
- iPads are for patient and family use, and are assigned to each bed
- Environmental Services will clean the iPads per their standard room cleaning
- UC’s are the first tier support for the patients and families. UCs will have extra chargers and cords.
- At discharge iPads will be reset to factory settings, erasing all previous users content, logons, etc…
Regarding video education:
- What: Providers can prescribe educational videos to patients and families via CIS. The full list of videos exists here – link. It will be updated tomorrow with the videos that are orderable vis CIS. Education videos can be ordered via the Patient Video Education Plan.
- Why: Educate patients and families throughout admission for procedures, medications, treatments, and discharge planning.
- How: Work with the RN to determine what education needs to be provided/ordered. MD and RN can place the order.