Are you interested in reducing the stress that constantly checking email and managing your inbox can cause? Try these simple tips:
- Set up rules in Outlook to automatically forward, move, delete or reply to certain emails based on their content
- Set aside time one or two times a day to check your inbox. Otherwise close your email program.
- Turn off new email notifications and deactivate the badge app icon (the little red thing telling you how far behind you are) on your phone
- When you RSVP to a meeting, consider using “don’t send a response” to respect other peoples’ inboxes.
- Make an effort to file important emails and, if you’re really ambitious, make it a goal to have zero emails in your inbox by Friday evening!